Effective Date: [06/01/2020]
Last Reviewed on: [05/01/2020]
BOLDMOVES, a CALCASA campaign (“Non-Profit” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://boldmoves.org/ (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect. Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information“). Bold Moves’
website, https://www.boldmoves.org/ (“Website”), has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Name and
- Browsing History, search history, information on consumer’s interactions with website, application, or
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of
Bold Moves obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our
Use of Personal Information: We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:.
- To send periodic emails to
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries).
- To provide you with information or services described in a form you respond
- To report on website traffic and activities to our current or future
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA. Bold Moves will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you
Sharing Personal Information: Bold Moves may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. Our primary website is hosted by Dream Host, that employs several security measures to protect the integrity of its web servers from intrusion. Portions of our website may also direct visitors to pages hosted by other companies. The privacy policies of these companies can be found on their websites.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose: In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network
Sales of Personal Information: We are the sole owners of the information collected on this website. We only have access to or collect information that you voluntarily give us by visiting the website, by email, or other direct contact from you. We will not sell (transfer ownership), rent, or trade this information.
Your Rights and Choices: The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights: You have the right to request that Bold Moves, a CALCASA Campaign, may disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request.
Data Portability, and Deletion Rights: we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient
Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that Bold Moves, a CALCASA Campaign may delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request, if retaining the following information is necessary for us or service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights: To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12- month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format: We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty- five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Other California Privacy Rights. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at:
Bold Moves-CALCASA 1215 K Street, Suite 1850 Esquire Plaza Sacramento, CA 95814
Changes to Our Privacy Notice: Bold Moves reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Phone: 916-446-2520 (Tel) | 916-446-8166 (Fax)
Website: https://boldmoves.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1215 K Street, Suite 1850 Esquire Plaza Sacramento, CA 95814
II. COPPA Privacy Notice
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this Policy, “parents“) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children“). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for a specific collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
Children can access many parts of the Website and its content and use many of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features enable a user to input personal information. BOLD MOVES, a CALCASA campaign, does not collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Also, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Website. We only collect as much information about a child as it is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation in the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary. We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s information to any third-party service provider.